12.03.2004

Alas, I am a follower of convention...

So...
Merriam-Webster recently put the word "blog" as the number one word of the year (based on the number of searches made on its website: http://www.merriam-webster.com/info/04words.htm)

Why am I jumping not-so-boldy into the realm of publicising my "finding" and viewpoints of certain events in human history? For one, I believe it to be a good way to solidify my thoughts in a world that is shifting away from its foundations into a battleground of ideological, technological and spiritualistic polarity.

Second, the sleek paper-based journal that I bought doesn't officially start until January 1st, 2005.

Third, by recognizing the futility of bringing orginality to the masses and myself---I have decided to strike deep into the bowels of convention to be a slave to convention, thus defeating its attempts to instrinsically alter my subconscious desire to establish orginality. This by itself, is somewhat unconventional...

So, you've read my "Statement of Purpose", my "Magna Carta", my "Declaration of Intent", etc. Now, what should you expect, if you decide to add this page to your "Favorites" and check its status religiously?

A. You will understand my unswerving desire to understand the question of all questions: "Why isn't the moon made out of cheese?"

B. You will inculcate and sympathize with my desires to defenestrate all corrupt forms of radicalism!

C. You will see an unconventionally conventional, oxymornic juxaposition of words that may force you to reconsider your continued usage of and your frequent communication in, the English language.

D. Oh, and a small window into the mind of Chiao Yuan-Ming, future street vendor and spiritual leader of the Virgin Bloggers Association.

If you've read this far, you're a zealot that I would consider a friend (or somebody who somehow received this link involuntarily and felt compelled by the needs of loyalty and/or self-depreciation to read further). But now, I must adjourn. As I contemplate pressing the "Publish Post" button, thereby exposing these empty thoughts to the confines of cyberspace, I ask you, dear reader, to define the meaning and significance of the crossroads at which you currently stand or have recently embarked from. What drives you forward with gusto? Why do you cower with hesistant steps?

The inagural post ends here. Come again!

2 Comments:

At 7:31 下午, Anonymous 匿名 said...

I am with you, brother (and sister) YMC,
in these challenging time of stress and post-stress,
in the boredom of the everexpanding multilibidonous confines of cyberspace,
in the ever pressing question, not only is the moon made out of cheese, but, who eats it, and who cuts it (the cheese)? Could it be me, could it be... you?,
in the wandering and wondering and maraundering and marauding and raunching and rambling, what is that all supposed to mean... (No, I mean, really, like, seriously, now, what in God's holy name and mine, unholy, are you trying to say, or I, spillspit it out, or else... anything, anything else, what do I care, ...uhm, punk...),
so let that be tender words of parting, parting the skin from the meat and parting the eyes from their sockets and gulpgulp,

they looked pretty asian to me, anyway, maybe you should have gotten the operation, you know... you know, right? ... ... ha ... ... yeeeaahhh ... ... wl... (enough unconventional conventionality conventially unconventionally scribbled?)... more dots.... or blops... blogs.... booogs.....

greetings from the King of the Free Castle in the Dark, Dark Woods South of Heavennover

 
At 9:51 上午, Anonymous 匿名 said...

As always, brilliant. not to say superaffentittenturbogeil. yes it is a real word, not as good as YMCs words.
I feel honored to have received the information about the window to YMs soul.
the last crossroad I came by led me to freedom. I'm freed from a constant fear of rejection by a person I love. no more sentimental blubber, freedom is a good thing...
greetings from the little cosy town with that dome one climbs to breath a little, laugh a little...

 

張貼留言

<< Home