1.08.2006

Welcome back...(Re-organization in progress)

...ah, those of you still reading...bless you all! We share some kind of common destiny or listlisness for the Web.
But, yo...welcome to the 2nd week of 2006!

I'm in the process of reorganizing this blog because the circumstances of my explorations here in Taiwan have changed. I am no longer waiting for a destination: the destination is moving along with me now, albeit, in the same directionless fashion and at the breakneck speed of the drying of termite piss.

First...a whole new mission statement is in the works. Life after London, blah, blah, is fine enough, but it's been, what, a year since I graduated? Score.

Second...More insightful themes.

*Things I want to deal in particular in no special ordering are:

-Elementary school education in rural Taiwan (with particular focus on my attempts to improve the teaching of English)

-The mileau of Feng shan village (豐山村); the people, the culture and whatever I can learn about this rugged mountain region.

-Geographical/topographical highlights: This area is a climber/hiker's paradise. I intend to make good on opportunities to forge through the impassable mountain trails.

-Alternative military service and aspirations for the future: A Taiwanese man who is in doing compulsory service, but isn't in the armed forces receive very interesting treatment from teachers, townspeople and tourists alike. My thoughts on this and how civil service works/fails in Taiwan are considered.

So, the upcoming entries I feel are necessary in the next couple of days are:

i) What the hell have I been up to since September 22nd, 2005 (highlights).
ii) An mini-introduction to my life as an alternative service conscript (108 days of service and counting)
iii) A mixture of random postings (I'd like to try my hand at a few more Chinese postings, (non)readers of Chinese, please bear with me).

Ok, the dust is in the air, the air has been properly polluted with the departure of the stale and the ushering in of the not-so-stale. Again, welcome back to the blog. "Enjoy the ride. You can get off at any time"

ymc

.....
Note, version 2.0 of this blog will still be prone to occassional hiccups and delays. Your continued readership is not only viewed admirable and in awe, but is considered a potent example of...well, I don't know...but hey, readership is great!

1 Comments:

At 11:57 下午, Anonymous 匿名 said...

Looking forward to it. ;)

 

張貼留言

<< Home