1.20.2006

The journey home...blogging @ National Zhongzheng University

Well,

Winter vacation is here...finally!


After packing at around 4am, a two-hour trek with my fellow comrade in arms to attend an "inspection", I am now happily camping out under a nice tree, on a bench using free-wireless access at National Zhongzheng University in Chiayi.

Before I get into my two week vacation and future blogging activities:

First impressions of this campus environment:

1) Kickass layout. This place is spacious. And it's really in the middle of "nowhere".
2) Nice planning...There are wide boulevards, for biking, walking and strolling without having to worry about getting run over (or is this because of winter break?)---weep, NTU.
3) Some real ugly architecture...but I'll give 3.5 stars for diversity of design and creativity.

But, having just come down the remote mountains, into the lowlying agricultural regions to the sprawling urban hussle of both Douliu and Minxiong, and now, the serene Zhongzheng campus...it continues to amaze me how much diversity there is to this little island---all within two hours away from each other (and this is just a south-central region of Taiwan).

As I prepare to board the train back to Taipei, I wonder...what's next?

Stay tuned

0 Comments:

張貼留言

<< Home